1st Class Pipe Welder
1st Class Pipe Welder
Newport News, Virginia
Craft and Technical Solutions is a fast-growing Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices all over the country. We partner with businesses as well as job seekers to place individuals into positions efficiently. Currently, we are reviewing resumes for Industrial Pipe Welders (TIG) in Newport News, VA. Top pay offered to qualified candidates!
- 5+ Years industrial experience
- Welding in 6G & 6GR positions
- Proficient in GTAW
- Read blueprints and other customer specifications/drawings
- Laying out/constructing parts per drawings
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience with GTAW welding.
- Be able to weld out of position
- Must have experience welding in 6G and 6GR
- Able to work independently or in a team and with limited direct supervision
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on your own
- 10-Panel drug screen
- X-Ray weld test on Stainless steel and copper nickel in the 6GR position
- 5" schedule 80 carbon steel pipe, Tig Root, Stick fill and cap with 11018
Types of metal materials with a variety of welding processes; the most basic of which is,
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) also known as "stick welding" and Flux-Core Arc Welding (FCAW) also known as "wire welding." Must pass military standard X-Ray welding test on stainless steel and copper-nickel in the 6G position (restricted). The pipe welding test is given in a restricted position (6 G) on a 5" schedule 80 carbon steel pipe. GTAW (TIG) process used for root pass, 11018 electrodes used for weld fill portion and cap
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance as well as
- Dental and Vision benefits to ALL eligible employees
- Referral bonuses to employees who refer qualified candidates, call a CTS Representative at (757) 726-7999 for details
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to employee safety & development, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We are ready to be a partner in your career success!
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability