Craft and Technical Solutions is a fast-growing Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices all over the country. We partner with businesses as well as job seekers to place individuals into positions efficiently. Currently, we are reviewing resumes for 1st Class Aluminum Welders/Fitters in Lockport, LA. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, or call 1-888-211-7844.
- Lodging provided.
- $30/hr. pay rate
- $45.00 a day in M&I for days worked.
Aluminum Fitter Job Description:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications ,using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Experience fabricating templates, squaring plates, scribing in structures, and installing perpendiculars on ships in accordance with drawings, specifications, or sketches.
- Experience using oxy-acetylene torch for cutting and washing.
- Welding experience: GMAW-P
- Possess a working understanding of aluminum
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Experience using hand and power tools safely including but not limited to mauls, grinders, circular and reciprocating saws, and hand and magnetic drill.
- Understand the proper use and operation of structural shop fabrication equipment, including shears, punches, and brakes.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Possess a working knowledge of and be able to take measurements using the metric system.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must have reliable/own transportation.
- 10 panel Drug Screen.
- Comfortable with heights.
- Lift 50lbs without assistance.
- Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification Basic reading, writing and math skills required.
CTS, LLC offers a comprehensive benefit packet to eligible employees. Eligible employees may enroll in:
- Dental & Vision
- Life & LTD
- Critical Illness
Per Diem may be provided to eligible employees who travel out of town for work to reasonably reimburse them for some or all daily lodging, meals, and incidental expenses.
Referral bonuses to employees who refer qualified candidates, call a CTS Representative at 888-211-7844 for details
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to employee safety & development, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We are ready to be a partner in your career success!
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability