1st Class Ship Fitter
1st Class Ship Fitter
San Diego, California
Craft and Technical Solutions is an established Marine and Industrial Staffing Company with offices nationwide. We partner with businesses and jobseekers to place qualified individuals efficiently. Currently, CTS is reviewing resumes for 1st Class Ship fitters in San Diego, CA. To interview with a recruiter, please submit your resume to or call (619)631-5601 for immediate assistance.
Shipfitter Job Description:
- Ability to comprehend blueprints, sketches, weld symbols, material types, and templates.
- Fabricate, align, and assemble structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
- Tack weld clips and brackets in to place prior to permanent welding.
- Solid understanding of shipbuilding and/or manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to accurately perform layout, cutting with a torch, metric measuring, and structurally fitting processes.
Job Requirements Shipfitter:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of 1st Class marine ship fitting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on your own.
- 10-Panel drug screen.
- Must be able to pass an extensive fitting test i.e., tack welding, written, fitting and using a cutting torch.
- Some positions may require DBIDS for Naval Base Access. Background Check Required for DBIDS!
CTS, LLC offers a comprehensive benefit packet to eligible employees. Eligible employees may enroll in:
- Dental & Vision
- Life & LTD
- Critical Illness
Per Diem OR Dislocation Allowance may be provided to eligible employees to reimburse some or all of the cost an employee might be reasonably expected to incur for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses while traveling out of town for work.
Safety and responsible work practices are of paramount importance at CTS and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. We are committed to employee safety & development, the protection of the environment and the communities where we operate. We are ready to be a partner in your career success!
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
CTS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability